Events and Info at DVMS | Feb. 11-15, 2019
- Statutory holiday next week
- March Break Casa Camp
- Lower Skating
- Upper Skating
- Valentine's Day:
- cards & stuff
- Upper lunch
- Show Me Day
- Parent-Teacher interviews
- Casa Workshop
- No Photos this week, sorry. Two Snow Days and a PD day made it difficult
- Don't forget to check the DVMS calendar to stay up to date.
- There is a 3-day weekend coming up: Monday, Feb. 18, is the Family Day statutory holiday. (Also, see below -- there will be no school on Friday, March 8, due to Parent-Teacher interviews).
March Break Camp
DVMS will host a March Break camp for DVMS children during the second week of March Break: Monday, March 18 to Friday, March 22. This camp will be run by Kathy Cope from The Carnegie Gallery and Dundas Valley School of Art. The camp will be at DVMS.Camp will run full day 9:00-3:30. There is no before or after care. Cost for the week is $230.Children will require a packed, healthy, litterless lunch each day, and all children should bring healthy snacks for morning and afternoon.Space is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Click here to register.Please make cheques payable to “DVMS.” Payment by E-Transfer may be sent to email@example.com.
- Lower Elementary Skating: Lower Elementary Students will be skating on Friday mornings in February. We will be switching the venues each week and this week they will be skating at the Dundas Driving Park. Students will be bussed to and from skating. All skaters will need their skates and a helmet. Unfortunately no hockey sticks are permitted. Any parent volunteers who would like to come and help out are more than welcome!
- Upper Elementary Skating :Upper Elementary Students will be skating on Friday afternoons in February. We will be skating at the Dundas Driving Park. Students will be bussed to the venue but will walk home from the park when they are done in time for regular dismissal. Students will require skates and a helmet. Unfortunately no hockey sticks are permitted. Any parent volunteers that would like to help out are more than welcome to join us!
Information and Reminders
- Valentine's Day at DVMS: We ask that children do not bring Valentine's Day cards to school. Thank you for understanding; this day can be a considerable disruption to the Montessori environments.
- Upper Elementary students will be participating in their traditional Valentine’s box lunch exchange. Due to circumstances, the box lunch has been changed to Thursday, February 21. An explanatory note and the name of your child's Valentine's lunch partner were sent home this week
- Show Me Day and Parent-Teacher Interviews: These events are coming up at the end of February/beginning of March. Show Me Day takes place on Wednesday March 6, from 9-11:00am and is reserved for parents only. We promise we will host another day for the grandparents in the spring. Show Me Day is a chance for you to spend part of a morning with your children in their Montessori environments. During your 20-minute visit, they will show you some of their favourite Montessori jobs and/or some of their favourite pieces of work that they have completed or are working on. This is always a very exciting day for the children as they have the opportunity to invite you into their Montessori worlds.
- Parent-Teacher interview: will take place during the evening of Thursday, March 7, from 4-8pm and the morning of Friday, March 8, from 8:00am-1pm (DVMS is closed on the Friday; there is no school). There will be childcare provided during the interviews.
- Casa Workshop: The Casa Community will host a parent workshop on Wednesday February 20th from 3:30pm-4pm. Your children are welcome to stay in aftercare free of charge during the workshop.
Sign-up for both Show Me Day and Interviews will be available next week.
Fun Family Events
- 2019 Hamilton Winterfest: Continues this weekend. Lots of free skates and neighbourhood festivals. Check the event listings here. https://hamiltonwinterfest.ca
- Hamilton Bulldogs This Weekend: 4:00 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, vs. Ottawa 67. Click here for Bulldogs site/tickets.
Due to the ice days, your weekly photos will return next week!