Events and Info: April 10 - 14, 2017, at Dundas Valley Montessori School
Great to see you all at Parent-Teacher interviews the last couple of days. It's a quiet week next week as we head into the Easter long weekend. Speaking of which...Easter Long Weekend: DVMS is Closed Friday, April 14, and Monday, April 17.plus,Lower ZumbaDismissal ReminderBake Sale!Lower North Novel StudyFast and Female Champ ChatBig Freeze at RBGHockey Night in Hamilton
Happy Easter Long Weekend
DVMS is closed on Friday, April 14, for Good Friday and on Monday, April 17, for Easter Monday. Have a great weekend DVMS community, and we'll see you on Tuesday, April 18.
- Lower Elementary Zumba: Lower Elementary students will be participating in Zumba, at DVMS, with Maria Isabel Garcia Castro of Maisa Fitness, who has been leading these high-energy classes at DVMS for a number of years. They will have Zumba at DVMS on the afternoons of Friday, April 21, 28, and May 12. Please ensure children wear or bring clothing they can move and groove in on Zumba days.
- Upper Elementary: Activity plans are being finalized and will also begin on Friday, April 21 (after the Easter long weekend).
But wait, there's more:
- Dismissal Reminder: Just a reminder to please make sure you and your children shake hands and check out with the staff member doing dismissal each day. Thank you.
- Lower Elementary Bake Sale: On Wednesday, April 12, during lunch, Lower Elementary children will be holding a bake sale to raise money to donate to the SPCA. All items will be $1.00-$2.00. If you would like to do some weekend baking at home with the kids, they will be accepting baked good donations (no nuts please) on Wednesday morning at drop-off.
- Lower North Novel Study: A group of third-year Lower Elementary children in Jodi's and Carol's Montessori environment are taking part in a novel study activity. They are welcome to bring their books home to read, by themselves or with you. Please help them remember to make sure the novels come back to school on Mondays and Fridays, or if they want to have them at school to read. Thank you.
- Fast and Female Champ Chat: There is an event coming up at DVMS on Saturday, April 22, for girls. Click here for details and tickets:
Fast and Female Champ Chat presented by Fuelling Women Champions in Dundas, ONJoin us for an afternoon of empowerment through sports! This Champ Chat includes a physical activity curcuit, yoga, autographs, and an inspirational chat with our Fast and Female Ambassadors.Fast and Female Ambassadors:
- Caitlin Genovy - McMaster University Varsity Volleyball Player
- Erin Ambrose - Toronto Furies Hockey Player #13
- Soren Meeuwisse - NextGen MTB Team & Trek Canada Mountain Bike Team
WHEN: Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm ESTWHERE: Dundas Valley Montessori School, 14 Kemp Drive, Dundas, ON L9H 2M9WHO: Girls ages 8-18 years oldCOST: $30
Fun Family Events:
- The Big Freeze at RBG: This great exhibit is only open until April 17. Our Lower Elementary students took a field trip to see it about a month ago; I'm sure they would love to show their siblings around. Click here for details.
When did the ice age start? Is it over now or will the ice return? And what happened to all those ice age mammals? All of these questions are answered this winter at RBG.The Big Freeze is a cool exhibit experience with two special exhibitions and daily, family-friendly activities where visitors of all ages can explore the past and learn about the future.
- Hometown Hockey in Hamilton: This weekend, Ron MacLean and Hometown Hockey are in Hamilton (on the waterfront: 47 Discovery Drive). Click here for details.
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is the ultimate hockey fan experience, making stops in communities across Canada. Our FREE festival kicks off in Hamilton starting at 12pm on Saturday April 8th and will feature family-friendly programming and activities all weekend long. Help us celebrate Canada’s game by picking up a virtual autograph inside the Rogers Tent, meet your favourite NHL Alumni in the Scotiabank Community Locker Room, test your skills in the Chrysler Pacifica Stow N Go Competition, and cheer for your local minor hockey teams in the Cheer Like Never Before contest.Join us Sunday night in front of the Sportsnet mobile studio as your Hometown Hockey hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone broadcast live from Hamilton. Stick around for a live performance from local musicians and watch as the Toronto Maple Leafs take on the Columbus Blue Jackets. Show the world how you celebrate hockey in your community and join us this weekend!
- Know of any fun family events coming up that our Montessori community would enjoy? Let us know.
All kinds of Montessori goodness this week. As always, let us know if you would like the full version of any photos of your children.