Events and Info: May 30 - June 3 at Dundas Valley Montessori School
How can you say no to those faces? Tickets are available at DVMS and online for this year's Strata Benefit Soiree and Auction at Dundas's incredible new SHED brewery. All proceeds go to support the ongoing development of Strata Montessori Adolescent School. Strata is a registered charity and we can issue tax receipts for certain donations required to operate Strata as small school that adheres to authentic Montessori practice. We are also still accepting auction items. Thank you all so much, for what you have done already and will do through the benefit, to help us continue to grow authentic Montessori education in the Dundas, Ancaster, and Hamilton area.
Lower Elementary: Activities for the Lower Elementary classes are now finished for the 2015-2016 school year. Adventure running, gymnastics, swimming, skating, zumba, karate, and ultimate frisbee -- it's been a diverse, fun, and active year. We hope your children found some new activities to love.Upper Elementary Tennis: Friday, June 3, will be the final session of tennis, and of Upper Elementary activities for the 2015-2016 school year, at the Dundas Tennis Club located in Dundas Driving Park. As always:
- Upper East (Terrence) Families, please drop off your children at Dundas Driving Park each morning on tennis days; DVMS staff will be there by 8:30. They will walk back to DVMS for lunch.
- Upper West (Kathleen) Families, please pick up your children at Dundas Driving Park each afternoon on tennis days, at 3:00. Please let us know if you cannot pick up and we will arrange to carpool them back to DVMS. They will walk to Driving Park after lunch.
- If children have a tennis racquet, please have them bring it along with appropriate footwear and clothing, and their water bottle. If you do not have a tennis racquet, DVMS has a number that children can use.
Soccer Tournament: A number of our Elementary students will be venturing to a soccer tournament in Mississauga with a few other southern Ontario Montessori schools on Tuesday, May 31. Those participating have been practising with DVMS dad Jonathon Crowson. Thank you Jonathon! The tournament is hosted by Northstar Montessori and will take place at Huron Heights Park . Children participating in the tournament will be bused to and from; the bus will leave DVMS at 9:00 a.m., so be sure you're here on time if participating, and they will be back at DVMS by 3:30 (barring any traffic issues). Northstar will be providing pizza, water, and fruit during lunch, but children should bring any other snacks or supplemental lunch items they may need, and a water bottle.
But wait, there's more:
- Casa First and Second Year Parent-Teacher Interviews: This year, in lieu of printed progress reports, parents of children in their first or second year of the Casa program are welcome to have a year-end meeting with their child's Casa guides. (Third year children will receive a printed progress report).
- Casa North (Dylan/Dawn) and Casa East (Elizabeth/Stef) will hold their interviews from 3:00-6:00 on Wednesday, June 8, and Thursday, June 9.
- Casa South (Pat/Armando) will hold their interviews from 3:00-4:00 on Monday-Thursday, June 6-10.
- If you would like to meet with your child's guides, please click here to select a 20 minute interview timeslot.
- Recess Bugs: The warm weather has brought out the leaves, the flowers, and the bugs! The kids have been having lots of fun interacting with inch worms, a family of baby spiders, and all kinds of other not-creepy-or-scary-at-all little critters: