Events and Info: Feb. 15 - 19 at Dundas Valley Montessori School
DVMS Closed: As I'm sure your kids have been reminding you, Friday, February 12, is a PD Day and Monday, February 15 is Family Day. DVMS is closed.A quiet "Events and Info" this week for a short week coming up; hope you all have plans for a great long family weekend.Over the next couple of weeks, please continue to stop into the office to sign the hard copies of your Re-enrolment Form and to drop off payment or post-dated cheques (payment or first instalment is due March 1). What a phenomenal response this year with almost everyone submitting re-enrolment by the deadline. Thank you so much DVMS community!We'll keep it short. Ongoing Elementary activities are listed below, but that's it other than some great pictures of your great kids at their great school.
Lower Elementary: Lower students are continuing to skate at Grightmire arena and do Zumba at DVMS until the first week of March.
- Lower Elementary North (Jodi/Carol):
- will do Zumba at DVMS: Feb. 5, 19, and 26.
- Lower Elementary South (Noeleen/Joanna):
- will skate: Feb. 5, 19, 26.
- Both classes will skate together on Friday, March 4.
- When your child is skating, please ensure that their skates and helmet are in a bag that they can easily carry to and from the rink, and that skates are properly laced and easy for them to put on themselves. Please also note that the rink requires they wear a CSA approved helmet (look for the CSA sticker; they don’t deny kids with them, but they do frown and grumble a bit about children skating in bike helmets). A water bottle is great idea too. We can always use some extra hands to help get skates tied up, and parents are welcome to skate with us. Children will be at the rink by about 1:45 and will skate until 3:00.
- When your child is participating in Zumba, please have them wear or bring appropriate clothing (same as for gymnastics). Thank you.