Events and Info: Sept. 28 – Oct. 2 at Dundas Valley Montessori School
A lot of you saw this post on our Facebook page recently discussing children's use of knives. The back-to-school jitters have subsided, and now that we have officially moved into fall your Montessori kids are beginning to thrive as they embrace new found independence and responsibilities.We hope you are all much more enlightened and comfortable yourselves after having a chance to sit and chat with your children's Montessori guides this Thursday and Friday.Next week is a quiet week event-wise at DVMS, but here's what's goin' on:
- Lower North has adventure running on Monday.
- The Uppers are at the RBG on Thursday, Oct. 1. Don't forget to have them remember their DVMS shirts.
- The Uppers are at RBG on Thursday instead of Friday because there was originally an Elementary cross-country event at LaSalle Park in Burlington scheduled for Friday. That event is now taking place on Wed., Oct. 7. Check the dvms.ca calendar for details.
- DVMS School Photos will be taken on October 5 and 6. More details to come on when to give them the ole spit and polish.
- Save the Date: Another schedule change is the DVMS Parent Dinner, which is now scheduled for Saturday, October 24. More info soon.
- If you haven't already, please sign up for DVMS email notifications. We will set this up for the end of September and you will receive email updates 3 days and 1 day before events on the web calendar.
- And finally some good news on the fees front: DVMS Snack fees have been reduced this year:
- Casa and Toddler snack fee for the year is now $100.
- Upper and Lower Elementary snack fee for the year is now $75. (Elementary students tend to require less snacks throughout the day, and will have fresh fruit and vegetables available in their environments).
Because it's a light update, we thought you might enjoy some pictures from our Montessori environments.